The opposites



I had a friend whom I seem to meet almost regularly during travel to college. I would alight Karjat and he would travel to Lonavla. With this same thing happening over almost a year, we had grown into close friends. At first we used to talk about the weather and how most of the pune crowd is egoistic during travel, who wouldn’t lend their seat to us despite their spine aching from rubbing their butt against the seats. What I felt good about him was that he was always smiling and seemed to carry off his burden of hectic schedule with humor.

Slowly we had deeper topics to discuss about and we almost forgot about the seats we had to catch and how sunny it was outside. We started discussing about our friends and personal life. He had turned into a best friend.

One day my face didn’t seem to budge and I wasn’t talking much. The day before today, I had failed my exams  and had lost a competition which was backed by partiality. In the morning I had a fight with mom and had almost lost the train by a minute. The heat was unbearable and streams of sweat overflowed my eyebrow . My spectacles had turned foggy and the train was crowded. Above all the hectic schedule had brought me down. I found no reason to smile.

He couldn’t help but  notice it. Despite being aware that I could fireback him anytime in the middle of my frustration he took the chance to ask for my uncomforting expressions. I resisted him at first but, with his words flowing out it helped me soothe out completely. What he explained me I would like to share with you..
 

“That was necessary for you my friend ; to be sad, so that you could know what it is like to be happy. It was necessary for you to fight with your mom so that later you could experience more love from her, it was necessary for you to fail to know what is the feeling you get when you pass, It was necessary for the sun to shine hotter so that you could realize what is winter. If it weren't hectic would you know what a holiday is like?If they hadn’t been there how you could experience those joys? I am sure they are coming your way now!”

That statement taught me a lot – the importance of opposites. Love and anger ; hot and cold ; sad and happy etc. They all teach you the feeling of gratefulness that you aren’t unlucky enough yet. That you still have your limbs intact, that how important it was for you to  fail so that you could put back together to pass and  that you can rise, only when you fall

Just as RAM would never had achieved the title of GOD without RAVAN ! The importance of opposites ! I had just realized !!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be or not to be

How to travel into the future