Smell,stink & choclolates

        It was long back in 2009. Nobody ever thought about the ad neither did anyone thought about this. They thought it was just for the taste and it never smells. If you are wondering  what I am talking about? It’s the ‘chocolate’.

        But  the some company just had to hire a few sexy girls and a chocolate boy who would smell like chocolate  after spraying the Chocolate deo and then girls had to just linger around him all the time. Well, that was what guys were waiting for long time. FannyMagnet* effect in just few seconds and a hundred bucks.

         But the smell wasn’t that as expected, It was my mad age of teenage when everything I behaved now seems so foolish now. When I used it for the first time it didn’t smell good but, just like a strong whisk of dark torturous smell. I can’t describe how it smells but it doesn’t like chocolate at least.

http://beta-lab.nl/sites/default/files/evolutionary-disgust.jpg?1272543540

         At first I thought may be girls have a different taste and it had one more work to do- to piss off the guys but, was later surprised to observe what I saw. I was expecting not many but at least one girl to run behind me instead the close by girls ran away from me. I learnt  It was equally repellant to them.
When I came home I felt a bit like being fooled.
 

         It was not the smell but the ad campaign that marketed it and bought a new revolution in deo industries. People used it without brains, thinking themselves to be the Gynecomagnet. It has been so many years from that day but still the Ads haven’t stopped where a macho attracts a girl , a aunt , a neighbor etc etc all this crap I just feel has gone extravagant.

           Gone are the days when woman would just get attracted by natural smell of man and it would remain as a Man’s signature for his woman throughout his life. Anyhow it will be always one’s decision. Today the natural smell includes all the junk food, stress, work and negativity. So I won’t debate on this topic.

             Just then I climbed hurriedly on to the train which had just arrived on the platform and a guy with a bright shiny T-shirt and plastic goggles rushed up along with me. Nostalgia didn’t hold back as the smell once again drifted in the air. I reflexively twitched my nose to avoid the smell from the little left air as my hands were fastened in the cluastrophobic space in the train .

*FannyMagnet- Those who haven’t played Vice city may not know this word. It is a cheat code which turns the hero instantly attractive to the girls and they all run behind him throughout the game or until you don’t deactivate the cheat !

Comments

  1. hahahha.. good one Amit. But I am quite sure that you would prefer smell of any deo as compared to the sweaty smell while cramped up in the train.I agree with the fact that the ad makers certainly have exaggerated the purpose... "Axe" effect.. how many fools have fall for that???

    -Abhijeet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks , glad that u liked it... Sweaty smell..urgghhhh..wud not prefer at all.hehe

      Delete
  2. Nice. And welcome to the world of false advertising!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha.. Teens need to read this desperately as they are "provoke"d easily ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Thats very true. Sad that we r no longer teens :(

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To be or not to be

The opposites

The funny thing about exam results..