Ghost and the truth



Once I had a tough fight with the villagers who were too stubborn to accept that ghosts are mere imagination.  It was after a revolution that happened in my mind after a speech on ‘importance of rational thinking’ that I had just listened to; before my summer vacations had started that I was too adamant to accept defeat in any way. I had a great time battling their arguments. It was time for Hari , who had a mine of ghost experiences to share with me.

It was 11 pm.

“ You don’t know ! “ spoke hari , who seemed to look in his forties “I just saw a ‘Jakhin’ . And believe me she does exist!”.I wondered who she was?. And my expressions prepared him for the scary description he was just about to give about her.

“If you are wondering who is ‘jakhin’ , she is a beautiful female ghost if you look her from behind,you will see her wearing an elegant sari draped over her curvaceous body. Above that, she has free flowing long hair, which seems to make her beautiful. But, if you look her face to face she has eyes as big as potatoes, her eye brows thick and her hands long!”


“I am serious!! “ He was unwilling to back up “But she can hide her ugliness within apsara beauty and reveals it at night only, if you talk to try to go close towards her !”
But how can we identify her?” asked another villager.
 My rational brain was now inclining towards believing in ghosts, as my mind went more engrossed towards the story.

“Her legs are twisted !!”  the silence of the night proved to be a background music for his story. “And if you try to run , she will run behind you laughing and crying loudly with the twisted legs revealing her ugliness.!!”

“So?” asked another villager who had his cloak held tightly towards his body.
“ The best way is not to go near her !” her continued “When you see her just continue your walk without disturbing her , and you will be safe, otherwise her face itself will kill you !”
I was stunned by his story and everybody had taken a pause unconsciously to imagine the story.

An old man who had lost his teeth laughed loudly enough to shake the silence and pierce a throb through our hearts.
When asked what happen, he replied with a beautiful answer which left us all mum.
“ Arey baba !  I don’t know which wise man invented this story, but all I can say this was for the safety of women in villages who used to travel at night should feel secure. That’s all I know!”
With shawl all draped all around his head, he shivered in the dark coldness but, his voice revealed confidence.Everyone stopped as the argument ended abruptly with this old man's  touching answer.

I however wonder how are you going to scare away the humans who themselves have turned into ghosts today. Where woman feel insecure in every walks of life , where a human is itself a solution to human itself and where only moral education can eradicate this evil !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be or not to be

The opposites

How to travel into the future