Forth seat in local trains:boon or curse?

Once there were three happy people traveling in Mumbai local train. They were happy as they were sitting comfortably not knowing that a person is going to change their mood soon. A  person  at mumbra with heavy luggage approaches  trying to make space with all of them and soon throws them into discomfort and fury.

“Bhaiya ji jara shift honge?” I stared at him with angry features. ‘Why the hell does he not want to seat us comfortably?’ .  We were three on the bench. The middle one being a fat guy I was struggling to seat even on the corner seat. “Why can’t he just stand there?” I furiously exclaimed .

I pushed the middle guy who was sleeping with his head drooping from side to side. He didn't awake. After a bit of struggle I managed to give him a piece of seat smaller than the width of my forearm.

He rested his half butt as we three resisted moving out of our comfort zone. We thought he might soon give up from the forth seat as we opposed with team work. But , he was adamant as he gripped on to the handle bar as firmly as an old banyan tree holding to its roots amidst storm.

We soon gave up and his half bum finally won. After we reached Dadar he alighted from the seat. It felt as if his half bum got paralyzed as he picked himself up with his other half.
4th seat was a curse for him and for us too. Didn’t he ever read the quote ‘Live and let live?’


But I changed my mind the same evening when it was my chance perhaps. At 6 when I boarded dadar, it was like a war won. But I didn't get a seat. My legs were paining hot because of the torturous  squats I underwent in the morning at gym. I struggled to find some seat to transfer the center of gravity from my thighs to my bum.

The probability of getting a seat at dadar is 0.0000001 or even less. But,I didn’t stop to look for an opportunity. Finally a forth seat shined in front of my eyes. It appeared to me like a oasis in a desert.

I was hesitant at first . But, later grabbed it . Although it was just a small space, I understood the importance of the forth seat. I thought forth seat was never comfortable. But see! I felt like cold water running through my throat after a marathon run in the April month of Rajasthan.

I realized why that guy in the morning was so eager to persist. Forth seat is a boon or curse depends upon who is the person.


'When you are in the possession of limited resources you definitely hesitate to share it with the needy. You may not know the importance of sharing thinking a small part won’t do any good. But, when you are helpless , the importance of sharing definitely concretes in your mind. You realize that even smallest part makes up for a million times your joy at present, to the needy person.' 

Other links you may love to read :
The opposites
40 Rs. mobile discharge
How to travel into the future
Ghost and the truth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be or not to be

The opposites

How to travel into the future