The Android Girl



My cousin sister was still using a crap phone which had aged 5 yrs gracefully. Her small fingers managed to find space on the undersized buttons of  nokia phone. Her typing speed, was still very fast as her small eyes managed to peek through the characters on the small screen.

Today she had made up her mind that she was going to purchase a new phone and as having no experience of what android phones are, she approached me . 

“Bro, I have to purchase a new android phone. Which one should I go for? Since you are an expert in this…..” she asked helplessly.

I didn’t know if I was an expert in this. But her words puffed my chest as she entrusted me a task to do.  The warrior inside me woke up as I spent hours researching for a phone for her budget. I looked for the best configuration offered and the best services provided. I managed to short list a few and after a week I came up with a phone. It was a quad core with HD display and a big ram with hours of battery. I also made sure that they provided good warranty with nearby authorized service centers. 

The real funny thing starts here. I was happy as hell as I was finally able to satisfy her quest for phone in this chaos world of marketing and technology. As we reached the vendor shop, she was reluctant on buying the same phone I had researched for her with my every inch. Just because she saw a purple phone which had sent her into a spree. Because it was her favorite color!  . That phone had exactly half of the specifications and twice the cost, my choice of phone possessed. Even as I tried to explain her the advantages of the phone I had chosen, she couldn’t take off her eyes from the purple phone. 


I finally stopped pushing her choice because after all it was her decision. Her estrogen drive refused to lower down and she finally purchased the purple one. She was all emotionally charged. I was a bit hurt, to be honest but that didn’t long. After all, my sister was happy and so was I.

It was later that I read somewhere that boys choose power and girls choose appearance.  It was an inbuilt feature GOD had manufactured us with .We had just to understand the differences and their point of view while making the choices for the opposite sex.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be or not to be

The opposites

How to travel into the future