GIRLS ! please dont do this when it happens!

I am not writing this post for the sake of entertainment but, with some turbulence in my heart. All of this because I witnessed something really terrible.

It was the first morning of Navratri. I happened to normally stand on  platform no.4 as a part of work routine. Daily routines really bore you because you find nothing new .You just keep on doing it mechanically day after day. I was in the same mood.

But, mind it ! this time it was very different. My heart started pumping faster and mind became more alert. I had  mixed emotions and a bit of disappointment. All of time seemed so fast.

A short girl in a normal tshirt and blue jeans happened to be my mood changer. She was on the same platform as me. Like me she was too waiting but, for the train before me.As the trains arrived one by one, it threw along a huge crowd of service going people. The platform went crowded again.

As train arrived she realized that it was the wrong compartment, so she rushed towards her destined one. As she made her way through the alighting crowd that ushered in, she stopped abruptly, turned around to look back at some guy, gave him a stare and resumed her run towards the door where her boyfriend was standing. 

I was certain something didn’t happen right. When she showed her boyfriend that he had pinched her stomach. I was taken aback as this boyfriend didn’t act. She pointed out the molester in the crowd who did it and cursed him! I couldn’t see him as I turned to look for him . As I looked back at her, the train had started and she looked at me with helpless eyes all saying that she is going to have a sleepless night.

What was the problem? There were policemen, a lot of educated suburban crowd and her boyfriend. But, why did she fail? Because she didn’t have the courage to act, thinking that she will be late for work which became her excuse.

No! Girls need to speak up immediately when they face such atrocities. Cursing won’t do any good. Nor complaining to your boyfriend if he is lame. There are also people wanting to help. What is the use of capable judicial system when victims choose to keep mum? The fact is when they don’t react; molesters act. They grant the molester courage to hunt for more. I was deeply moved by the incident. 

Nature has certainly made girls physically weaker, but not mentally. And I certainly don’t need to exemplify this. Blow the whistle even if you feel that your closest guy is misbehaving with you physically.  The society has certainly advanced in terms of technology but, the moral nature…. still primitive.  

You may also like to read:

Comments

  1. Amit... well composed article...
    I think this image of society can not change now immediately... if we plan for future then we can surely change the things happening around us...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. And I feel only education has that power of changing futures .Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To be or not to be

The opposites

How to travel into the future