Save me !

As I looked upon a tree being cut down by a man..I could feel its nerves cracking up as it was nearing the unavoidable door of death...

They don't show doesn't mean they don't feel..I tried my best to write it down in this poem thinking of what must be going on its mind at such a dreadful stage..
Clouds raining up high in the sky,
Feeling so cool after summer gone,
Coloring my leaves to dark,
Washing my body leaving no mark,
Water tingling my root,
Feeling happy like never before,
Felt like heaven , feeling soulfully light.

Then felt a stroke, at my waist,
Shivered my nerve, zapped like a bolt,
It pained like cold,
Never experienced before,
“Oh! My god, this is a devil”
The man has returned for one more kill,
“Save me!!!”I cried,
That man can’t hear ,
The other trees just looked,
For they have life to fear,

Came one more knock,
Shaking me off,
With every wound getting deeper,
I knew death was nearer.

My barks cried for they were in agony,
I became exhausted,
Hoping for hope if I had any,

My body went numb,
Tissues went burning,
Very hard, anesthetic they were turning.

I knew I was separated,
From the roots and from the earth,
Then rose sunlight from among the cloud,
My body reaching for it to soak some in,
Suddenly, came a clash so loud,
It rained again to washed my wound.

I fell there in the jungle alone,
With my kins standing,
For only they could mourn,

I finally felt no pain ,
Flashed a sudden light across me,
I knew my time was over,
That I have to be reborn to live forever.
Cuddling my nerves,
Asked Almighty to forgive man,
And ceased to breath,
But to let him live in peace till death…
-XX-

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To be or not to be

The opposites

The funny thing about exam results..